Do you know how to choose a suitable goblet based on wine?
First of all, we need to know the reason why we choose to use the goblet when we are drinking wine. From the goblet itself, because the crystal goblet is generally thin, the whole glass is light, and the light transmittance is very good. So when we taste the wine, you can feel the light reflected in the glass when the wine is shaken, making your wine looks more attractive. The wall of the crystal goblet is very thin, and the sound is clear and not noisy when clinking the cup, so it is very suitable for use in high-end occasions. The most important thing is that wine is very sensitive to temperature. if you use an ordinary glass, the temperature of the hand touching the wall of the glass will heat the wine and affect the taste of the wine. But gently shaking the goblet can make the wine taste more mellow. Fully feel the taste of the wine. Usually, the step of wine tasting is to shake, watch and smell, meaning that you can shake it gently, then observe the color of the wine, and then gently smell and feel the aroma of the wine filling your nose, and finally, of course, slowly drink and savor the delicacy of the wine. So how to match different kinds of wine with goblets?
1. ISO standard goblet: this is a tasting glass standard made by ISO, which can be used to taste any wine. It does not highlight the characteristics of any wine and shows the original flavor of the wine, so if you want to buy a goblet that can be used at will, this will be your best choice.
2.Bordeaux goblet: this is the most commonly used goblet when drinking red wine. Its name comes from the red wine from Bordeaux in France, because Bordeaux red wine is sour and astringent, so the tulip cup is required long and the glass wall is not very vertical. Its taper is relatively small, which can retain most of the wine. When the wine is imported, it will be in direct contact with the middle and back of the tongue to balance the bitterness, sweetness, and sour taste.
3. Burgundy goblet: the Burgundy Cup is designed according to the wine characteristics of the Burgundy region, where the wine is more fruity and lighter, and the ball shape with a big belly can guide the wine to spread from the tip of the tongue to achieve a full blend of fruity and sour flavors. the mouth of the glass narrowed inward can better agglomerate the potential aroma of Burgundy red wine.
4. Champagne goblet: champagne goblet are generally slender, this is because champagne belongs to sparkling wine, only the slender body can reserve enough room for bubbles to rise, which can make bubbles more rich and beautiful.
5. Sweet wine goblet: sweet wines such as sherry, port, and sweet white. When tasting this kind of wine, it is best to choose a goblet that opens like petals. The turned-out glass allows the liquid to flow directly to the sweet area on the tip of the tongue when drinking. The sweetness of the fruit will be brought into full play.
6. White wine goblet: because the best drinking temperature of white wine is low, in order to prevent the temperature of the wine in the glass from rising rapidly, most of the glasses are smaller, and it is easier to gather the aroma of the wine so that the aroma of the wine will not disappear too quickly.
Of course, there is no limit in the goblet when you choose to drink a cup of wine in your leisure time. You can even use mug as you like.