The cup is an indispensable tool when we drink a wine. So how do you choose the right wine glass for our wine?
Studies have shown that the use of cups of different shapes, the aroma and taste are not the same.
People who love wine often focus on the pursuit of wine crafts, ignoring the attention of the cup.
Different cups has different aromas
The small mouth of the cup makes the wine concentrate in a small area when it comes into contact
with the mouth, which makes people feel the sour taste of the wine. The tannin is concentrated in
front of the tongue and the body is stronger. The large mouth of the cup causes the wine to reach
more area in the mouth, the acidity will become softer and the flavor will be smoother. The cups and
belly gather a variety of aromas in the cup, fruity, floral, and rich aroma. The cup is small and the aroma
in the wine disappears quickly.
How to choose the right cup?
1.Clear and transparent;
2. Cup belly is best without decoration in order to view the original color of the wine;
3. The material should not be too thick, so as not to affect the touch when tasting.
There is almost no tannin in white wine. Compared with red wine, the wine is lighter. Usually, the wine glass
with smaller cup and cup is not only good for retaining the floral fragrance, but also can reduce the contact with the air.
Red wines usually use wine glasses with larger cups and cups. The larger surface area is in contact with oxygen,
which is good for hangover and makes the wine taste softer. At the same time, the larger cup can provide more
aroma and flavor. more complicated.
The function of the wine glass is mainly to retain the aroma of the wine, so that the wine can rotate in the cup
and fully integrate with the air. The standard cup type is a small goblet with a large belly, which is a "tulip cup",
which is good for the aroma to gather above the cup. The reason for the high feet is that you can hold the cup
by hand so that the hand does not touch the belly and affects the temperature of the wine.
Wine glass classification
Wine glasses can be divided into red wine glasses, white wine glasses and champagne glasses; the subdivision
rules include Bordeaux wine glasses, Burgundy wine glasses, Rhine wine glasses, and sherry glass.
1. In the red wine glass, the wine glass dedicated to Bordeaux red wine has a narrow caliber, and the capacity is about 170CC.
2. The Burgundy red wine glass is a tulip cup with a wide cup bottom.
3. In the white wine glass, the burgundy type of cup waist is slightly larger than the red wine, which is full.
4. Another kind of sherry-only wine glass is a small wine glass with a capacity of about 50CC.
5. Enjoy sparkling wine, you can choose a small caliber champagne cup with a narrow neck to watch the bubble rise; or choose a wide-disc cup with a wide diameter.
The mix of food and wine glasses
1. White wine with seafood food should be cold and low temperature, so choose a small cup of wine glass.
2. Red wine with meat is suitable for room temperature entrance, you can choose a larger cup.
3. Champagne glasses are generally used to open the mouth of the wine glass. This can fully express the
aroma of the wine, and it is also convenient for quick sipping and drinking.
4. Drinking brandy must use a small mouthful of brandy cup. In the cup, only about one ounce is poured at a time.
The glass is placed in the palm of the hand. Warm the wine with the heat of the palm.
When drinking, shake the glass first, smell the wine with your nose, and then carefully consider the fine.
5. No matter which kind of wine you drink, it is suitable to use a tall glass to observe the liquor, show the color
of the wine, and increase the interest in drinking.
What is the difference between soda-lime glass and crystal glass?
According to the material, there are soda-lime glasses and crystal glass. The crystal cups can be divided into
lead-free crystals and lead-containing crystals.
The crystal cup is popular in the market, the cup wall is still strong and durable under the thin and light condition,
the wine glass is more sparkling under the light source, and the sound that occurs when the collision is more crisp.
Ordinary glasses are economical compared to the other.